My blog title

Hey!
So I thought I would try and explain the reason that I named my blog The Most Recessive.  So they say that the rarest combination in the world is red hair and blue eyes.  Well, you guessed it I have red hair and blue eyes as well as being left handed, so it's become a running joke between me and co-workers that I am the most recessive person in the world.  I do enjoy reading things about being a red head and seeing if they seem to ring true with me.  Some do, some don't.  I also often wonder if and what recessive genes I have passed onto my kids.  Neither of them are red heads (thank goodness).  I do have one child that is left handed, and because I am a red head I slather my kids in sunscreen so I have yet to find out if they burn really easily. 

I am the first to poke fun at myself because let's be honest, you have to be able to laugh at yourself because nobody I perfect.  I was never teased  growing up about my red hair, but I still remember people stopping my mom when we are out and telling her how beautiful her daughters hair was.  This has continued in my life as an adult.  With that being said, I do get some very interesting comments about my hair.  Women will come up and ask me "What's your box number?", "Could you please give my your hair stylists name and number, because your color is exactly the color I'm looking for?".  Most of the time I am honest and tell them it's natural and then they get this surprised and sad look on their faces, like I just crushed their dreams, and sometimes I play a little joke back and tell them a random number for my box number (I'm imaging these women at Target trying desperately trying to find the number in the hair color aisle). 

So with that being said you will learn more about my recessiveness (is this a word?) later and a bunch of other things

Have a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts